The 2013 special award recipients are as follows:
• The Ted Schmitt Award for the World Premiere of an Outstanding New Play will be awarded to Kemp Powers for One Night in Miami … The award is accompanied by an offer to publish by Samuel French, Inc.
• The Polly Warfield Award for an excellent season in a small to mid-size theatre will be awarded to Actors Co-op. The award is accompanied by an honorarium, funded by the Nederlander Organization.
• The Margaret Harford Award for Sustained Excellence in Theatre will be awarded to LA Theatre Works. The award is accompanied by an honorarium, funded by The Knitting Factory Entertainment Company.
• The Joel Hirschhorn Award for Outstanding Achievement in Musical Theatre will be awarded to David Elzer. The award is accompanied by an honorarium, funded by an anonymous donor.
• The Milton Katselas Award for Career or Special Achievement in Direction will be awarded to Bart DeLorenzo. The award is accompanied by an honorarium, funded by The Beverly Hills Playhouse.
• The LADCC is pleased to announce the creation of a new award, the Kinetic Lighting Award for Outstanding Achievement in Theatrical Design. Kinetic Lighting is an award-winning rental house that supplies and supports the theatre community throughout Southern California. The inaugural recipient of the Kinetic Lighting Award is Angela Balogh Calin for her sustained achievement in costume design.